Formaldehyde Spill Kit
Product Code: 481001
Product Type: Specialty Spill Control, Formaldehyde, Spill Kit
Product Description: Spilfyter brand Specialty Spill Kit product. Formaldehyde Solidifier Spill Kit (Small)
Weight (std): 5lbs Weight (met): 2kg
Formaldehyde Spill Kits are designed to provide a safe method of cleaning up and reducing the vapors from formaldehyde leaks and spills.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
- Appropriate personal protective equipment is recommended.
- Position pads around outer edge of spill for containment.
- Open the Formaldehyde Solidifier shaker bottle and evenly shake over the spill from the outer edge of the spill in towards the center using care not to splash.
- Use the recommended polymerizing ratio of one-pound (1#) or .45 kg Formaldehyde Solidifier to the formaldehyde concentration:
CONCENTRATION AMOUNT POLYMERIZED PERCENTAGE BY WEIGHT (GALLONS/PINTS) 37%…..0.1 / .8 30%…..0.13 / 1.04 20%…..0.2 / 1.6 15%…..0.27 / 2.16 10%…..0.41 / 3.28
- Carefully stir the Formaldehyde Solidifier into the formaldehyde spill with a non-reactive utensil using care to avoid splashing the spill.
- Spill will begin to solidify within ten (10) minutes for formaldehyde solution strengths greater than 15% by concentration weight and within fifteen (15) minutes for solutions of less than 15% concentration by weight. In some instances of lower formaldehyde concentrations, solidification may not occur.
- Allow several minutes for the formaldehyde to become solid. NOTE: The Formaldehyde Solidifier will only solidify the formaldehyde leaving a water-based spill.
- To complete the solidification of the spill, shake the AQUALOCKIT® over the spill area to solidify any water-based liquid that may remain.
- Allow several additional minutes for the AQUALOCKIT® to complete the solidification process.
- Apply additional AQUALOCKIT® until spill is solidified for easy disposal.
- Dispose of the solidified spill and sorbents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
(1) Formaldehyde Solidifier, 2# (0.9kg) Shaker Bottle
(1) AQUALOCKIT® 2# (0.9kg) Shaker Bottle
(2) 12”x12” Hazmat Pads
(1) Scoop w/Detachable Scraper
(1 pr.) Nitrile Gloves
(1 pr.) Goggles
(1) Disposal Bag & Twist Tie
(1) Disposal Label
There are no reviews yet.